Ram Narayanswamy, PhD
I like to engage, solve problems, and engineer solutions. Areas that I like to consult are:
- Computer Vision, Machine Learning
- All things in Imaging from sensors, cameras-systems, algorithms, to user-experience
- Solutions development from identifying technology-trends, developing marketing requirements, product requirements, Go-to-market, executing production and launch
- Strategic technology roadmap, Product Impact, and Intellectual property
- Program management, Program reviews – Preliminary design review, Critical design reviews
- I also help companies author proposals to government and other funding agencies
Ram has over 25+ years of experience in developing leading-edge AI technology, transitioning them into products and developing the markets for these products, 10 years of which were in California’s Silicon Valley. Ram has held leadership and individual-contributor roles from startups to large corporations like Intel, On-Semiconductor, and OmniVision. Ram has published and lectured extensively in a range of areas including Computer Vision, Biometrics, AR/VR, 3D depth sensing, Medical image-screening, and Computational Imaging. While at Intel, he successfully incubated one of Intel’s 3D technologies which were highlighted in Intel’s keynote address at Consumer Electronics Show 2015 and was awarded the 2015 Best of CES award.
In addition to his technical contributions, Ram has experience as a product manager, where he managed the entire product life cycle, and his products grossed several $Million in revenue annually. Ram has deep program management experience and successfully delivered on large programs. He has also managed sophisticated and multi-cultural teams in product development and R&D.
Ram is a Senior Member of IEEE; He also serves as the Chairperson of the Industrial Advisory Board for the University of Colorado’s Electrical Engineering department. He is a Board member of CU’s ATLAS Institute, which is an interdisciplinary institute for creativity and invention and awards degrees in Technology, Art & Media(TAM). Ram is active with IEEE, OSA, and SPIE and served as the General Chairman for OSA’s 2017 Annual meeting on Imaging and Applied Optics.